What is the purpose of this trial?
The Specific Aims of the study are:
- To compare the efficacy of AB-CASI (Automated Bilingual Computerized Alcohol Screening and Intervention) to SC (standard care) in the reduction of alcohol consumption in unhealthy drinkers.
- At 12 months, AB-CASI will be superior to SC in reducing the number of binge drinking episodes and the mean number of weekly drinks over the last 28-days.
- To compare the efficacy of AB-CASI to SC in the reduction of alcohol-related negative health behaviors and consequences.
- At 12 months, AB-CASI will be superior to SC in reducing alcohol-related negative health behaviors and consequences (episodes of impaired driving, riding with an impaired driver, injuries, arrests, tardiness and days absent from work/school).
- To compare the efficacy of AB-CASI to SC in 30-day treatment engagement.
- AB-CASI will be superior to SC in increasing 30-day treatment engagement in unhealthy drinkers.
Ages: 18 years and older
National Institutes of Health
Dates: 04/22/2014 - 05/01/2020
Last Updated: 02/22/2018
Study HIC#: 1211011052