Trial Purpose and Description
To determine the outcome and effect of implementation of Esophageal Stylet as a strategy to minimize the risk of esophageal injury during the atrial fibrillation catheter ablation procedure.
Ages: 18 - 80 years
- Age 18 or above for the Patient or legal representative to provide informed consent.
- Documented paroxysmal or persistent Atrial Fibrillation by a Cardiologist and EKG finding.
- The patient will undergo Atrial Fibrillation catheter ablation as a treatment plan.
- Bleeding disorder.
- Dysphagia to solid and liquid or any documented esophageal masses or cancer.
- Esophageal varices, diverticulum, esophageal web, upper GI bleeding, or hiatal hernia.
Northeast Scientific, Inc.
Dates: 10/11/2016 - 01/31/2017
Last Updated: 10/12/2016
Study HIC#: 1511016760